05 March 2006

What did he say?

I love newsletters - and quite a few of those I receive are on marketing topics. One of authors has clearly been bitten by the mp3 bug and has started to send out links which deliver mp3 audio seminars. I have no objection to audio - it can be a brilliant way of conveying real passion about a topic. The problem that I have with this particular speaker is that he has fallen in love with the technology ... without really understanding how it is received by his listeners.

If you use audio on your site then please make sure that the original recording is clear and crisp - there is nothing worse than a clip which sounds as if it has been made in a bathroom. For that type of recording, I would rather be given the choice of listening to the seminar or reading the same material. But that might be a bit customer focused for a marketing newsletter!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home