10 March 2006

The value of a testimonial ...

As a consultant, the standing advice is to build a base of happy clients and make sure that you collect glowing testimonials which you can use to ease the ground with other businesses that you encounter.

Last summer, while I was away on holiday, I got a brilliant testimonial. Deep in the body of a long email from one of my clients to a 3rd party, that was on my own target list, there it was. My client said that I had been instrumental in bringing about a specific result. Better, this testimonial was unsolicited. It wasn't perfect, but it was very good. When I got back from holiday I read it and relaxed - post holiday, life was looking good.

A few months on, with my client's business in administration, I think that I would have valued the money rather than the testimonial.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home