17 August 2006

Can you keep a secret?

A business contact gave me permission to use their private email address today. The permission came with a list of things that I shouldn't do so that the email address doesn't get into the wider community. It wasn't an onerous list and I appreciate that some people like to maintain a degree of distance between them and the outside world. I am destroying the email address today and, with luck, I should have forgotten it by the end of the week.

It isn't that I think I'm untrustworthy, it's just that I don't want the responsibility of maintaining the secrecy of something as picayune as an email address. That means that I will continue to use the normal non-confidential contact routes for this person which means that I won't have instantaneous access - but that shouldn't be a problem, I can't see us developing the kind of correspondence that requires a rapid response.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home