08 December 2006

SPAM for lunch

There seems to be a growing harvest of SPAM in my inbox. Some of it comes from my regular email addresses but some comes from people guessing which email addresses might find an inbox from our eCommerce sites. Phil has turned off the site redirects except for a few addresses that we thought we should sensibly retain and the volume seems to be unabated. Heaven knows what the volume would be if he hadn't done that.

If I had $1 for every piece of SPAM that I have deleted this month then I would be able to take advantage of some of the penny share offers that seem to constitute the bulk of the unsolicited mail that I get.

It must work. I don't know why. Here is a channel which people dislike - unsolicited email - often written in an unappealing way with little thought to 'professionally' constructed copy - and logic tells us that it must work! The payback must exceed the time costs of constructing the SPAM mail. Given those kinds of disadvantages, what could be possible when we send a well constructed mailing to a welcoming audience?

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home