30 May 2006

del.icio.us

I just caught a quick look at the del.icio.us recent page and saw that someone had saved Craig's list and someone else had saved the BBC Weather page. Why? There is nothing wrong with either of these pages, but saving them in del.icio.us seems a bit redundant. Those pages are perfectly well catered for by Bookmarks and favourites.

Some of the items in my inbox have been pretty impressive and I have saved them because I want to come back to them at some time in the future, but I'm not sure that I want to put them into Bookmarks yet. Maybe it is simply that I don't understand the del.icio.us model properly. Maybe Craig's list and BBC Weather are the types of page you are supposed to save to show that you are part of a loosely drawn community. Perhaps someone who knows more will put me right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home