02 July 2006

A social experiment

In my last post I talked about some User Agents that I wasn't familiar with - User agents is what Feedburner calls them. Linkie Winkie calls itself something else - a bit of a social experiment - and if you go to its site then you won't find much there. A plain page with an Alexa traffic graph and some links back to posts which refer to Linkie Winkie.

Well, having posted about my stats yesterday evening that plain page has been directing traffic in my direction - perhaps that is what it means about being a very altruistic little site that loves to be talked about. Is traffic a proxy for altruism? Linkie Winkie sent its crawler to my page on 26 June and has delivered more traffic to my page than any other source in the last 24 hours. I'm fascinated that they have generated such a good Alexa position in such a short time. Perhaps they will share more with us as time goes on.

2 Comments:

Blogger John Diffenthal said...

If I was in the know then I wouldn't tell you. I'm not in the know so I can't tell you.

7:54 am  
Blogger Leisa said...

Damn. I want to KNOW! It linked to my URL without me linking them first.......
If they are just after publicity I guess it's REALLY working. All I've done all night is google 'linkie winkie'......

5:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home