02 August 2006

Picking up again after the holiday

Just before I went on holiday, I posted a short note about a couple of accountants of my acquaintance who told me over dinner that they don't read their professional journal. My comment was picked up by the prolific reader and writer Dennis Howlett and the comments on his blog indicate that the problem is much more extensive than just my two acquaintances.

This is evidently not a new problem - accountants don't respect it, so they don't read it and they haven't been reading it for several years. Old habits die hard. That's a problem for any editorial team and it will take more than a few enticing front covers to bring that readership back.

My problem remains reach in the accountancy community so I'm sending copies of the blog comments to Phil and Chris and we'll probably discuss it tomorrow.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ken Frost said...

We, the disaffected, should start our own magazine.

I'm up for it, anyone else care to join?

Ken Frost FCA

http://www.icaew.info

4:01 pm  
Blogger John Diffenthal said...

Ken,

I'm not involved - I am not, nor have I ever been, an accountant.

As a bystander, it sounds like a lot of work.

8:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home